Sunday, February 22, 2009

ROCK BOTTOM


"Well I am thinking or at least hoping I have hit rock bottom. " At approx 7pm tonight this is what is going through my head.

I am at the 24 hr Kinney Drug store waiting for a few presciptions for my boy, sitting next to a lovely gentleman, and this I kid you not, drinking a beer (yes in the store) talking to his son on speaker phone (of course) about how no you can not have pancakes that is a breakfast food, "I got you some chips" the man explained.

Then as a "lady" aka baby mama of this gentleman yelled over from aisle 12 asking about getting a potty chair for the baby, he very "calming" explained to her "why cant the child use ther s**ter like everyone else".

What led me to this? Why I am I not home with my husband and son on a Sunday night watching the few and only shows I typically watch on a semi- regular basis i.e. baby allowing??

Let me take you back a few days, as most of you know Michael has been fighting an ear infection for about 3 wks now, which 1 wk ago became a double ear infection (see previous blog for more info ;). Thursday/Friday night WE didnt sleep all night or day and I say that with very little exageration! Saturday we recieved from the tooth fairy count them 2 shiny new pearly whites. In the midst of all of this!

Now that in and of itself hmm..not to bad. We have also had a nasty little cough getting progressively worse over the week. The dr. assured me just post nasal drip (with no running nose??) This led to Saturday/Sunday night being yet again restless. Anywho that led to my 10 month old not breathing this afternoon and a quick trip to urgent care said yup like mommy and a few of his aunite's Michael has Asthma and had just had an attack :( (Try giving a 10 month old a breathing treatment, one who hasnt sleep in pretty much 3 days).

My only saving grace is that it WAS a weekend and daddy was home to help. As much as he could Michael only wanted mommy. That being said Mike told me Saturday that it was pretty much life or death that we go on a "road trip" this weekend. Life or death to the engine in my car (dont ask me, what does he know about cars). Cant be next weekend hmm??

So Saturday afternoon we piled into the car and drove to Old Forge for some lunch. It was actually really nice and sunny and the baby got a little sleep. Of course that wasn't enough so we did some on the through way too on Sunday. Thank goodness mom took Michael for those couple of hours.

Despite all of this (or because of it who knows), I have never had so many laughs with my husband in 1 weekend! I am hoping that for today the worst is over but I guess even saying that is begging for it...Any ways I hope this makes me a more seasoned Mommy and must say pretty proud of myself!! I know this is part of the job and will take every minute of it especially when at 6am after being up since 1:30am when Michael put one hand on my cheek smiled and gave me a "kiss" (mouth wide on my nose) I knew I would take a million more of these nights for one more of these kisses.

I am going to bed!

P.S. - it sounded so good, we had pancakes for dinner :)

2 comments:

Denise said...

I am so sorry to hear about Michael. I hope this is your "rock bottom", keep us posted on how he's doing.

Tara said...

So sorry to hear about this!!! I hope that he is feeling better and that you are getting some sleep again.