Thursday, February 26, 2009

Resolution Update! (Feburary)

Feburary update....As some of you know I am apart of Mommy and Me of CNY. This is a great group of local mommy's, that do various things with there kids or sometime alone all together!

We also try to help out by making meals for mommy's in need (i.e. having another baby, hospital stays, deaths in family etc..) I am apart of this board.

I decided when I had Michael and a very good friend of mine (shot-out to Miss April), did this for me, that I would do this for others. She made quite a few dinners for me (all freezer ready) so I could use them as needed! What a blessing and help that was! It doesnt seem like much but it IS!!

One of the mommy's had another baby the 15th of Feburary and called in reinforcements. I made my dad's FAMOUS and I do mean famous Chicken Shells. (I have included the reciept at the end of this blog) for her and her families.

These are a rare treat in our house because just as good as they are tasting, they dont have a lot of good things in them. Being that I try to find a good excuse to make them...they are a great comfort food and it rained all day yesterday so they where perfect.

It turned out nice, the husband even recognized me from my cousins facebook, they had, had her do some photography work for them (tarapolcarophotography.blogspot.com).

Anyways adopt an eldery neighbor or a busy mom and when you make dinner make a double batch. It will make very little difference to you and the world to them!!

****Lew's Famous Chicken Shells****

*now as with all of my dads receipts they were not written down only by momery, so tweek this to fit your need and please bere in mind I am still trying to figure this the best I can.

2--boxes of jumbo pasta shells (prepared)

3--boxes of chicken stuffing (prepared)

chicken breast cubed or shredded (any amount is good I usually use left overs or a couple cans of canned chicken breast)

1/2c-1c of mayo (NOT miracle whip--I had to throw out a whole batch because of it one time) You can use light mayo though

1-2 cans of condensed cream of chicken soup mixed with 1/2 can of water - to each can

Parmesean chesse

*optional and veggies you like

1-Mix stuffing, chicken, mayo, and veggies all together (i usually use the pan I prepared the stuffing w/ so use a bigger pan

2-take 2, 9x13" pans pour 1/2 of the chicken soup mixtures in the bottom of these pans (yes this make a lot but it is the only way I can get it to work, you can cut it in half but use 2 boxes of stuffing and you will just have some extra. Mike and I use the broken shells for these ;)

3-one by one take a shell, stuff it with the stuffing mixture and place into the pans in a row. Continue this with all the shells

4-pour the rest of the chicken soup over the top and sprinkle w/ parmesean cheese

5-Bake at 350 untill golden and bubbly and serve about 20-30 minutes

I wanna stress my dad (Lew) would have said just eyeball it, if you like mayo add some extra, if you wanna use turkey so be it! Dont over think it and have fun with it!

3 comments:

Cny Moms said...

I cannot believe you joined Mommy and Me without telling me! I used to be the party planner for M&M and let my membership lapse. It is a great group and the meals for moms are wonderful! Lisa, you are super mom!

Unknown said...

LOL that is funny super mom?? thats a little far!! Thank You!

Tara said...

Lisa your enthusiasm always makes me smile! Making meals for new moms is a great thing!